for frying: extra virgin olive oil or butter
1 chinese eggplant
1/4 tsp salt
- Grill eggplant on all sides until the inside is soft.
- Slice eggplant once vertically. Transfer to a large shallow dish. Open the eggplant and mash insides with a fork. See NOTE below
- Crack an egg on top of eggplant.
- Mix egg and eggplant insides.
- Slide the eggplant mixture into a preheated and oiled pan. Season with salt.
- Cover pan but not completely. Cook until egg is cooked (~3 mins).
- Flip eggplant omelette and garnish with parsley.
NOTE: You can keep the skin on or remove it.
Add more oil when the eggplant omelette sticks to the pan (if not using a non-stick pan).
Eggplant omelette is perfect with chopped tomatoes and brown rice on the side.